1. Music Festivals
Guitar Festival Barcelona
More than a musical event, the Barcelona Guitar Festival is a true festival in honour of this instrument. It extends from 23 January 23 to 6 July 2017. There are many world-famous artists and the concerts take place in different venues around Barcelona, including Razzmatazz, Sala Apolo and l'Auditorium.
- Barcelona Guitar Festival 2017 Jan 23 - Jul 06 From pop and rock to folk, it doesn't matter as long as there is a guitar. This is the 28th Guitar Festival Ba...
This June, the latest edition of the Suite Festival Barcelona continues. It's one of the most recent musical festivals of the city. The most remarkable feature of this event is undoubtedly its setting at the historic and majestic Gran Teatre del Liceu on las Ramblas.
- Suite Festival Barcelona 2017 Jan 16 - Jun 29 Great musicians performing live at the fantastic Gran Teatre de Liceu
Primavera Sound 2017
The mythical festival takes place the first week of June at the Parc del Forum. A classic in Barcelona with its view of the sea and accessibility by public transport, bicycle or foot. It's a meeting point between youthful subcultures who feature a mixture of nonconformist aesthetics. This year's line-up hosts The XX, Bon Iver and Solange.
- Primavera Sound 2017 May 31 - Jun 04 Primavera sound returns to Barcelona with an incredible lineup of artists! Don't miss the biggest music festiv...
Festival de Pedralbes
Inside the fantastic Jardins de Pedralbes you'll have the opportunity to enjoy music in a different way, in a place that inspires freedom, romance and mystery. The great names of this 2017 edition are, among others, Yann Tiersen, the composer of the soundtrack of the French film Amélie; and Sting, who needs no introduction.
- Festival Jardins de Pedralbes Jun 05 - Jul 14 This musical event will take place in Barcelona from 5 June to 14 July with a wide selection of international ...
This electronic and experimental music festival takes place in various locations across the city centre in mid-June. Sonar is the largest event on the current electronic scene and brings together the most established artists and emerging talent from all kinds of music and audiovisual production budgets.
- Sonar Festival 2017 Jun 15 - Jun 17 From 15 - 17 June in Barcelona, one of the biggest electronic and experimental music festivals takes place.
Performing arts are the absolute protagonists of this important cultural event that pays special attention to the most innovative styles and new talents of the world of theatre, dance, music and even circus. The Grec Festival of Barcelona begins in June and continues throughout the summer in the beautiful setting of the Teatre Grec, on the hill of Montjuic, located a few steps from the city centre. Inviolable.
- Barcelona Grec Festival Jun 14 - Jul 31 The Grec Festival of Barcelona is an international festival of theatre, dance, music, and circus acts.
In June, Brunch Electronik at Poble Espanyol will come to an. What is it? A definitive music event each Sunday in Barcelona. It's a fantastic initiative for young people and families where they can spend a Sunday afternoon with friends, good food and electronic music.
- Piknic Electrònik Barcelona Mar 12 - Jun 11 Grab a picnic basket and checkered tablecloth, then get ready for non-stop... Dancing!
'David Bowie is'
As for exhibitions, if you're into music, don't miss the show of the year: 'David Bowie is'. It's a temporary exhibition about the British artist and his incredible career. It features more than 300 objects including scene costumes, notes with his handwriting, lyrics, photographs, musical instruments and much more. The aim of the exhibition is to show the influence of the artist in the world of music and art.
- David Bowie Is Exhibition in Barcelona May 25 - Aug 25 From 25 May to 25 August 2017, you can see an exhibition dedicated to the British artist, David Bowie.
World Press Photo
In this exhibition at the CCCB (Contemporary Culture Centre of Barcelona), you can see the photos that have won the most prestigious awards in the field of photo journalism. This is World Press Photo, an incomparable experience that will leave you speechless. Hurry up, it ends on June 5th.
- World Press Photo 2017 Apr 29 - Jun 05 The most stunning photos of the year are waiting in the CCCB!
The Photobook Phenomenon exhibition will also be held during the summer months at the CCCB. It deals with the importance and impact that the medium of photo albums has had from its inception to the present day. It also deals with the fact that in recent years a resurgence of photo albums has become apparent. You'll see here an exhibition of the most original kind.
- Photobook Phenomenon Exhibition in Barcelona Mar 17 - Aug 27 From 17 March to 27 August 2017, an exhibition on photobooks will be held at the Barcelona Contemporary Cultur...
3. Sports events
Moto GP competition
Start your engines, because Barcelona doesn't disappoint when it comes to sports. For all speed junkies, don't miss the Moto GP race that takes place at the Montmeló circuit from 9 to 11 June. Famous riders like Marquez, Lorenzo, Dani Pedrosa and Valentino Rossi are ready. Are you?
- Moto GP 2017 - Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya Jun 09 - Jun 11 Excitement is guaranteed at Montmeló circuit in one of the biggest races of the Moto GP season.
Charity game Barça VS Manchester United
The famous Camp Nou stadium — perhaps the most iconic football stadium — will be the backdrop for a friendly match that sees legendary players of two great European football teams, FC Barcelona and Manchester United. There's no official confirmations, but if the name is anything to go by, then you can expect to see players such as Ronaldinho, Carles Puyol, Thierry Henry, Fabien Barthez and David Beckham.
- Barça VS Manchester United — The Legends Jun 30 Legendary players from FC Barcelona and Manchester United will play at the Camp Nou stadium.
4. Other events
The Gay Pride is a highly anticipated event in Barcelona. This year it offers many surprises such as concerts and exhibitions. There are lots of activities for all tastes. As with every year, the backdrop of the initiative will be the most gay-friendly neighbourhood in Barcelona: Eixample Esquerre.
- Pride Parade Barcelona 2017 Jun 28 - Jul 08 Come and enjoy the Pride Parade 2017 in Barcelona! Possibly the most important LGBT on the Mediterranean!
Cinema a la Fresca
The open-air cinema is an inescapable event during the summer in Barcelona. The one at Sala Montjuïc is undoubtedly one of the most famous. Two days a week, different films are shown in the original language with subtitles in Spanish. What makes this event one of the must-sees in the summer season is the location at one of the most emblematic places of the city — the gardens of Montjuic castle.
- Open Air Cinema at Sala Montjuïc Jun 30 - Aug 04 Classics, recently released films and concerts in the open-air
Biz Barcelona 2017
This year, Biz Barcelona is celebrated between 31 May and 1 June 2017 at the Fira de Barcelona Montjuic. In addition to practical information on financing and start-ups, there'll also be an important network of businesses to get connected with. A good opportunity for future entrepreneurs.
- Biz Barcelona 2017 May 31 - Jun 01 Fifth edition of the fair intended for future entrepreneurs
Open Terrace Week
If there's something that stands out in Barcelona, it's the beautiful rooftop terraces. They're places designed to recharge metaphorical batteries, enjoy life and take advantage of the good weather. Throughout the summer there are many events organised upon the terraces of large hotels, but only during the month of June. It all takes place during Open Terrace Week, which is open to anyone who wants to visit. This year there's record participation with 73 hotels organising various free activities like concerts, gastronomic workshops, pool parties and shows for children.
- Barcelona Open Terrace Week 2017 Jun 02 - Jun 11 Many activities have been planned by 73 hotels to enjoy their terraces from 2–11 June 2017
Magic Fountain of Montjüic
The Magic Fountain of Montjuïc is undoubtedly one of the most famous and popular attractions of Barcelona. It's located at the foot of Montjuïc hill and offers splendid musical performances with water and colourful lights. During the summer the shows are more frequent.
- Magic Fountain of Montjuic Event Feb 26 - Jan 06 The Magic Fountain of Montjuic offers a colorful show, which takes you to another world with water jets explod...
Sant Joan Festival
Celebrate the arrival of summer on the night of 23 June in Barcelona. Watch the fireworks from any district of the city and spend a night with neighbours, friends and family. The beach is filled with people, bonfires and fireworks. During this night, the city doesn't sleep.
- San Juan Barcelona 2017 Jun 23 - Jun 24 Enjoy a magical evening on one of the beaches of Barcelona for the Sant Joan.