Here's a selection of activities to enjoy the weekend in Barcelona. There's something for everyone!
Summer Nights at La Pedrera: Chris Cheek Quintet
A unique night to enjoy La Pedrera and contemplate the spectacular views of Barcelona with live jazz music on the roof terrace. An iconic location that invites you to experience its architecture, the night, city, and music all in one event.
- Dates: Friday - Saturday, 1 - 2 July.
- Place: Paseo de Gracia, 92
- Price: €30 (Including visit to Gaudí space, concert, and drink)
El Brunch - In the park
At the Jardins de Joan Brossa every Sunday from 26 June to 11 September, there are many activities for children and adults - including electronic music, market and gastronomy.
- Dates : Sunday, 3 July
- Place : Jardins Joan Brossa (Montjuïc)
- Price : Book in advance for €10 or Buy at the box office for €13 before 4PM and €15 after
Eduardo Marco - Color Field
Photographer Eduardo Marco opens his latest exhibition in Barcelona with a collection of colour field photography. This movement emerged in New York during the 40s and 50s, seeking to create new ideas and images in the colorful fields reminiscent of abstract paintings.
- Dates : Friday, 1 July 2016
- Place : Galeria Zielinsky Contemporary Art
- Price : Free
Loop 2016: Anthony McCall
American artist Anthony McCall, known for his performances, 'solid lights', and being a reference of avant-garde cinema of the 70s in London, presents his work in Barcelona. Counterpoints, experiments with supports, perceptual games and connections to architecture ... McCall leaves nothing to chance in this production of works that claim to be an aesthetic experience that goes beyond contemplation.
- Dates: Friday and Sunday, 10AM - 8PM. Saturday, 10AM - 9:30PM
- Place : Fundació Gaspar d'Art Contemporani
- Price : €5 (€3 with discount)
Palo Alto Market
This is the last Sunday of this special market before leaving Barcelona until September. Palo Alto Market says farewell with a special edition under the title Midnight Market.
- Dates: Saturday, 2 July 11AM - 11PM and Sunday, 3 July 11AM - 9PM
- Place : Pellaires, 30 - Poblenou (L4)
- Price : €3
Twoo Market. Barcelona Second Hand
One of the few temporary flea markets held in the city of Barcelona.
- Dates: Sunday, 3 July
- Place : L'Ovella Negra – Zamora 78, San Martí, Barcelona
- Price : €1 or Free after 4PM
DulceWeekend is a new festival of fashion and music that's driven by one of the most important 'influencers' in Spain - Dulceida. You can buy clothes of different brands, but do not miss the live music, DJ sessions, food trucks, and chill out zone.
- Dates: Saturday and Sunday, 2 - 3 July from 11AM
- Place : Antiga Fàbrica Estrella Damm ( Rosselló, 515 Eixample). Metro station Encants (Line 2) or Sant Pau/Dos de Maig (Line 5)
- Price : €5 (2 days for €7.50)
Flea Market Barcelona is a monthly market where people sell and swap second-hand goods, such as clothing, accessories, books and music in good condition at reasonable prices. On 3 July, in honour of the summer, the longest Fleadonia Market of the year is held!
- Dates: Sunday, 3 July, 11AM - 8PM
- Place : Plaça Salvador Seguí
- Price : Free
World Olympic Day Walk
Barnatresc is organising a walk for World Olympic Day, which are suitable and open for everyone. It's an alternative way to stay healthy while discovering the city at the same time.
- Dates: Sunday, 3 July at 9AM
- Place : Leaves from El Fòrum and finishes as Plaça d'Espanya
- Price : Free
Cinema Lliure 2016 - Barcelona's Open air beach cinema: Showing "BARCELONA NIT D’HIVERN"
This weekend sees the beginning of a new edition of the open air cinema at the beach for summer 2016. You can see this page for more information.
This weekend they are showing: "Barcelona Nit d'Hivern" (English title: Barcelona Christmas Night), multiple love stories about finding love even when you don't believe in it.
- Dates: 3 July at 9PM
- Place : Sant Sebastià Beach. Metro station Barceloneta (Line 4)
- Price : Free
Mecal Air 2016: "Mockumentary"
This is the 9th consecutive year of Mecal Air, the International Festival of Short Films and Animation of Barcelona, which takes place in Plaça del Baluard in Poble Espanyol. Starting every Friday at 8PM until 30 August. As usual, the screenings will take place from 8PM to 12AM in lovely surroundings. This weekend they will be showing a film in the Mockumentary genre.
- Dates: Saturday, 2 July at 8PM
- Place : Plaça del Baluard del Poble Espanyol
- Price : Cost with flyer - €3.50. Cost without flyer - €6.50
Do not hesitate to leave a comment if you have something to say, or share this article if you're planning on attending an event!